Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

CHICAGO - VIEW FROM THE TOP - WILLIS TOWER (SEARS TOWER)

We were standing on air:

Open Air Double Decker Bus Tour
We rode the hop on hop off tour double decker bus around Chicago and got off at the Willis Tower stop. I highly recommend this tour, the double decker buses of the Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Bus Company really allow you to see the city.

I have a fear of heights, more like a heightened thrill, and it felt like I was stepping off the building when I stepped inside one of the glass boxes that protrude from the 103rd-floor Skydeck at Chicago’s Willis (formerly Sears) Tower.



The seamless, apparently unsupported glass floor is the only thing between your toes and the urban mosaic 1,300 feet below. The effect of the Ledge is unnerving.

Pearl had no fear and was laying on the glass floor.  I had to inch out and tried to keep one toe on the carpet inside as if that would help stop me from falling.

1 comment:

  1. superrrr wowwww!!! breathtaking!!! wish to try it one day :) (but how and where... here in thailand? :D (Z'lpah)

    ReplyDelete